GRID Legends was a huge improvement over the 2019 GRID reboot. Despite this, it was overlooked when Gran Turismo 7 stole the spotlight just a week after GRID Legends launched. Nevertheless, Codemasters is continuing to support GRID Legends with updates adding new features, cars and tracks.
GRID Legends update v2.0 has arrived, bringing new weather conditions, online special events, and a batch of bug fixes.
Dust and fog
Update v2.0 adds new weather conditions selectable in the Race Creator for players who want a new challenge. Fog conditions dramatically reduce visibility. With dust conditions available in Dubai, Sydney, Bathurst, and Crescent, dust gathers on the track, affecting handling while also reducing visibility in dust storms.
Dust and fog weather conditions will be added to “other areas of the game” in future updates.
Special events and leaderboards
Additionally, update v2.0 adds a new Special Events page with weekly and monthly challenges. Each challenge has unique rewards as well as leaderboards showing how you compare to the rest of the GRID Legends community.
Owners of the Deluxe Edition or EA Play members can also access exclusive events.
Photo mode coming soon
One feature missing in GRID Legends is a photo mode. While this requested feature isn’t included in v2.0, a future update will add a photo mode to GRID Legends for virtual photographers.
On social media, Codemasters shared a screenshot giving us a first look at the photo mode. It appears to be advanced, with options to adjust the camera roll, exposure, shutter speed, depth of field, focus, and zoom.
More updates are also coming, including four content packs. The first premium DLC will launch in June as part of the next GRID Legends update.
In the meantime, you can find a full list of changes in the GRID Legends update v2.0 patch notes below.
GRID Legends update v2.0 Patch Notes
A new weekly and monthly events page has been added, complete with leaderboards. In addition, two new weather types have been added to Race Creator: Dust and Fog. You can read more about that HERE.
- The Racing Line is now correctly shown when set to ‘On’ or ‘Corners Only’
- Add-Ons purchased through the PS Store now appear correctly
- Artifacting around the screen is no longer visible when in replays
- Distort sponsor objectives now progress correctly
- GRID Legends no longer required a restart in order to complete installation
- UI from the Main Menu no longer shows in game after a host migration
- Players no longer appear with a generic profile picture after a user leaves the Lobby
- Players can now receive invites when the Lobby tab is open
- Returning to the main menu from the session list no longer causes ‘Select Vehicle’ to be stuck
- The correct message now displays when trying to join an online game for those without PS Plus or Xbox Gold subscriptions
- Joining an ‘in-progress’ Drift session now functions correctly
- When joining a rolling start session, AI drivers no longer set impossibly fast/negative lap times
- Various other minor bug fixes have been made
Driven to Glory & Career
- The Oval Stock Event 2 has been changed to Oval Stocks Finale
- Progress on The Gauntlet is now visibly updating correctly in Career
- Flicking in the corner of the screen during ‘Into The Fray’ has been resolved
- Long loading times and low FPS after completing Induction and Into The Fray have been resolved
- Various reasons that would cause the game to crash have been resolved across all platforms
Art and Visual Effects
- Floodlights no longer flicker
- Brabham BT62 - Rendering issues on headlights when the front bumper is detached have been resolved
- Koenigsegg Jesko - Driver no longer grips the gearstick too hard when changing gears
- Renault Laguna - Headlights have been improved
- Shanghai - A white light no longer appears in the tunnel’s distance
- Debug text no longer displays in certain instances
- Voice over fixed have been made in Italian, Spanish, French and German
- Dynamic music is now available in Weekly and Monthly events
- There have been several other audio fixes made throughout the game
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.