Available to download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, update 16.1 adds a host of new content including a new truck and modding tools for Nintendo Switch, as well as bug fixes improving the experience. Let’s dig in.
Crocodile Pack DLC
The main highlight of update 16.1 is the Crocodile Pack DLC that adds a new vintage truck to tackle unforgiving terrain in Saber Interactive’s off-road simulation game.
Nicknamed the “Crocodile” due to its distinctive shape and deep engine noise, the Step 33-64 is a versatile truck that comes with three unique add-ons. These allow you to rescue vehicles with maintenance and fuel add-ons or haul cargo with the side-board.
SnowRunner’s Crocodile Pack is available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC for £3.29.
Modding tools for Nintendo Switch
In addition, update 16.1 includes a set of modding tools for the Nintendo Switch version of the game ahead of the upcoming Season 7 Compete & Conquer update. As with PS4 and Xbox One mods, Switch mods will be reviewed by the developers before being published.
When Season 7 launches, players can subscribe to and download their favourite mods by signing into their mod.io account.
Update 16.1 also brings bug fixes, improvements to the UI, and more. You can find all the changes in the patch notes below.
SnowRunner update 16.1 patch notes
- Crocodile Pack is now available for purchase on every platform.
- Improved logic for compatible add-ons pop up in the garage
- Fixed a bug where the Left Stick Press (Hold) UI button prompt was misplaced in the Control Scheme B settings screen
- Fixed a bug where the button "Move to Garage" was missing from the global map if the player was on this map
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to take a photo in photo mode on the windows store version of the game
- Fixed a bug where a button to open photo mode was missing while the tutorial hints were shown
- Fixed photo mode on Switch in coop
- Fixed a bug where frame rates dropped on console when a player change brightness settings
- Fixed a bug where the colors of the created screenshot taken in the Steam version of the game were inverted
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to navigate in the photo mode menu with a controller once they used mouse & keyboard
- Fixed a bug where guests were unable to replenish supplies in the service trailer in a co-op in hard mode
- Fixed a bug where stickers of the 'Slot 3' were clipping into the interior textures of the 'Tayga 6455B'
- Enabled crossplay with Xbox platform
- Fixed a bug where the 'Paste' button was displayed as the 'Ins' keyboard button in the ”connect to crossplay session by code” window when a player used a gamepad
- Fixed a bug where the mods list that the player needs to download before entering a game was incomplete
- Updated game editor packing system, it will now compile separate zip files for each platform
- Fixed watchtowers display on a map for mod maps
- Fixed a bug where rails did not spawn in the Guardian of the Grove contract in the Don region
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to duplicate cargo on objective restart in co-op
- Fixed a bug where 'Offroad Scout Trailer' did not disappear after completing the 'Trailer with New Equipment' contract in the coop session
- Fixed a bug where the 'Workhorse' task was not completed if the 'Chevrolet CK1500' truck was repaired and refueled before completion of the first stage of the task
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.