Studio 397’s ongoing support for rFactor 2 continues today with a cavalcade of new content and a redesigned UI. The latest update for the popular sim racer adds a new track and four new cars to keep you busy.
Following several teasers last month, Daytona International Speedway, the BMW M4 GT3, Indycar IR-18, and Ligier JS P320 LMP3 can now be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store page. Daytona is available to buy for £7.60, while the new cars cost £4.22 each.
Daytona International Speedway arrives in rFactor 2
Best known for hosting the Daytona 500, Daytona International Speedway was recently updated in iRacing with new laser scans. And now the famous US circuit is finally available in rFactor 2 after being long requested.
rFactor 2’s Daytona International Speedway is fully laser-scanned, ensuring an accurate recreation of the endurance racing circuit. In rFactor 2, you can race on either the Road Course or the 2.5-mile Speedway layout. Now that Daytona International Speedway has been added, rFactor 2 could host a 24 Hours of Daytona eSports event in the future.
As for new cars, the latest rFactor 2 update adds the BMW M4 GT3, Indycar IR-18, and Ligier JS P320 LMP3 race cars.
Showcased in the Indycar-Motorsport Games Pro Challenge event, the addition of the Indycar IR-18 marks rFactor 2’s first foray into the world of IndyCar racing.
Powered by a 5.6-litre V8 rated at 460 horsepower, the Ligier JS P320 joins the Norma M30 in the LMP3 racing class. Replacing the M6 GT3, the BMW M4 GT3 also expands rFactor 2’s GT3 car roster. It comes to rFactor 2 after making its real-life competition debut at the 24H Dubai event in January.
Finally, today’s update adds further refinements to the redesigned UI, making the interface easier to navigate. The slicker, more modern appearance of rFactor 2 has been a big hit.
For example, the cleaner home screen is now split into three main categories to make it easier to find the content you’re looking for: single-player, multiplayer and competitions. Thanks to improved optimisation, the new UI is also more responsive.
If that wasn't enough, the latest build update also adds updated versions of the Norma M30 LMP3 and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. You can find out all the changes in rFactor 2's massive February update below.
rFactor 2 February Build Update Notes
- Tweaked styling on the buttons in the manage content page.
- Tweaked styling on the buttons in certain server related pop-ups.
- Tweaked styling on the Load Replay button in the replays page.
- Added smoother transitions when navigating between pages in the singleplayer area.
- Added functionality to copy the controller profile name to the controller profile save text field.
- Fixed issue where package list sorting on manage content page got undone after content installation.
- Fixed issue where the driver column with high values in the multiplayer page was cropped.
- Fixed issue where unintended graphics settings were shown in the event settings screen.
- Fixed inconsistency in slider value percentage rendering in settings pages.
- Fixed issue where the restart race button was greyed out in servers.
- Fixed issue where users couldn’t scroll down in the setup list.
- Fixed issue where chat order got reversed around midnight.
Norma M30 LMP3 V2.45
- Changes made as per 2020 LMP3 regulations: minimum car weight 950kg.
- New engine – Nissan VK56 (35HP more vs older VK50 engine), one, fixed set of gear ratios, traction control is allowed.
- Removed upgrades option for unrestricted tyre compounds.
- Disabled pressureonthefly PITMENU option.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway V1.16
- Updated Indy GP layout to have INDYCAR Advertisements.