Despite The Crew Motorfest coming out in September, its predecessor, The Crew 2 isn’t dead yet.
After five years, Ivory Tower is still diligently supporting The Crew 2, with the new "MAD" update adding more cars, new Live Summits, and an improved Race Creator. New content won’t slow down either, with more cars coming early next year.
Available to download now, The Crew 2 MAD update adds a selection of new cars including the 1984 Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 and 1985 Renault Maxi 5 Turbo rally warriors today. After that, the 2023 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 and 2026 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50s supercars will join the roster on 20 December.
For the uninitiated, Gordon Murray is the famed designer of the McLaren F1, one of the fastest supercars of the 1990s. Today, he runs his own car company, with its first model, the T.50 three-seater supercar, being spiritual successor to the F1.
Next year, the T.50 s will be followed by the 2022 Audi RS Q8 sports SUV and 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 on 10 January, followed by the 1948 Porsche 356, 1972 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2 7, and 1986 Porsche 959 on 14 February.
None of these cars in The Crew Motorfest yet surprisingly, but you should be able to import them at some point. For now, you can only import cars from The Crew 2 up to Season 9. However, Season 9 vehicles will be transferrable from December 6.
Other new cars joining The Crew 2 include the 2022 Audi TT RS Roadster, 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe MAD Edition, and 2022 Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT Basalt Edition.
While the Motorpass is ending, several fan-favourite vehicles from previous Motorpasses are returning including the 1981 Creators DeLorean DMC-12 Outadrift, 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS Lightning Edition, 1972 Mazda RX-3 Supercharged Edition, and 1975 Forsberg RacingGold Leader Z.
Season 9 introduced a Race Creator, allowing players to create their own races and share them with the community, with players able to vote for their favourite races. While driving in free roam, players can choose the starting line and place checkpoints.
With The Crew 2 MAD, checkpoints can now positioned off the road. This feature was highly requested by the community, giving players more freedom to design outlandish race routes. Additionally, a new Lap Mode option lets players create their own lap races.
The Crew 2 MAD Patch Notes
As with all The Crew 2 updates, there are also new Live Summits, with the Dodge VIPER SRT-10 Coupe MAD Edition up for grabs for reaching the Platinum rank. The Crew 2 MAD also introduces quality-of-life improvements, outlined in the patch notes below.
While Ivory Tower’s commitment to keeping The Crew 2 alive five years on, the game is five years old and many players have moved onto Motorfest. Thankfully, we don’t have long to wait for new content, with The Crew Motorfest Season 2 set to start on 6 December.
- [Improved] The HUB Menu was revamped to display now 5 in-game news on the same page instead of maximum 11 on a dropdown menu previously.
The above title "What to play" was extended to the first 3 news on the left, and the other title "What's new?" includes 2 news on the right.
- [Added] 18 new skills, called MAD skills were added. Requiring a great deal of precision, these are not easy to complete!
- [Added] 17 vanities (7 for the new Hobby family and 10 for the summits).
- Nitros : 4 items
- Outfits: 1 item
- Rooftops: 2 items
- Smokes: 4 items
- Tires: 6 items
- [Fixed] : Surf Rooftop no longer clipping with the camera when camera angle is changed to hood mode.
- [Fixed] : Spruemeister Tire does now fit the car's rims.
- [Fixed] : Shaka Rooftop is now centered on all vehicle.
- [Fixed] : Preview of the Spear Racing Nitro, which was recently available to purchase in the Vanity Bundle "Nitro Pack" was not matching with its snapshot, which is resolved now.
- [Added] 54 new Bundles all over the season\
- 17 Summit Bundles
- 17 Custom Bundles
- 17 Vanity Bundles
- 3 Basic Bundles
- New overloads in HQ and vanity shop rotation each week.
- [Added] 2 new summits premium.
And 7 re-used premium.
- [Added] A new hobby called " The Stunt performer", focusing on MAD skills.
- [Fixed] : The issue where players could get a huge amount of Icon points after playing a community race that takes under one second is resolved.
- No more motorpass!
- [Added] A new playground: The aquapark, located above Las Vegas. 2 skills can be played on this waterpark, but players can have fun on their own and especially with Race Creator!
- No new mission!
- [Fixed] : Nav-ribbon no longer goes over the out of the golden path at 06% progression on the THE DELIVERY event.
- 18 new (completely) Mad skills - detailed below.
- When the players use the back on track they are respawned on the re-start point.
- An auto-switch to the good vehicle's category has been developed for those skills when teleporting to them.
1SR - Driving School2SR - Donut Jump3MX - The Roof Route4HC - The Perfect Spot5DF - Driftin' Pool6RR - The Monument Climb7HC - The Leap8RX - Across the Harbour9TC - The Rush10RR - Lumberjack Path11SR - Maze Escape12DF – Drift & Smash13MX - Waterslide Effect14TC - Double Trouble Jump15JS - The Catfish Slalom16MX - The Precision Bridge17Drag - The Longest Jump18AB - Plane Dance
- New hub menu that was described above.
- [Added] 1 new mode to put checkpoints everywhere in the world (not only on road), and 1 that allows modifying the checkpoints' width in this offroad mode.
- [Added] 1 new feature to able to create lap mode (until 30 lap).
- [Improved] Now you can navigate through all races in community race menu with rear trigger buttons on controllers.
- [Fixed] : There was before a duplicate option for the word 'SANDSTORM' after selecting advance filter weather option in community races.
- [Fixed] : Words in some categories were out of order.
- [Improved] : In the personalization settings of race creator, "More locations" category was moved at the bottom of the word selection.
- [Fixed] : Purchase confirmation is now appearing when buying items with virtual currency.
- 12 new vehicles:
- Dodge VIPER SRT-10 Coupé MAD Edition (2010)
- Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT Basalt Edition (2022)
- Audi TT RS Roadster (2022)
- Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2 7 (1972)
- Porsche 356 (1948)
- Porsche 959 (1986)
- Land Rover DEFENDER 110 V8 (2022)
- Audi RS Q8 (2022)
- Gordon Murray T.50 (2022)
- Gordon Murray T.50s (2023)
- Peugeot 205 T16 EVO 2 (1964)
- Renault Maxi 5 Turbo (1985)
- [Fixed] : AUDI RS3 and AUDI RS7 has now smooth RPM needle animation.
WORLD + THEMATIsATION (+ VISUAL & AUDIO)
- [Fixed] : Live Xtreme series Road to O'ahu Voiceover Switches from Spanish to Portuguese.
- [Fixed] : Engine sound of Touring Car during the 3rd section of the mission is no longer glitched.
- [Fixed] : FPS no longer drop after placing 230+ checkpoints.
- [Fixed] : SFX were added for the UGC tutorial page.
- The buoys go floating in the air for the second player if both the players starts the skill one after another.
- Skill music is still audible even after reducing the game volume to the minimum value.
- Only one of the filter categories remains active when the player tries to apply conditions from two different filter categories in the "Community Races" tab of the Main Menu.
- In some cases hovercrafts' preview in the Miami's house garage is cut in half.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get the latest racing game news and deals straight to your inbox!
For more articles like this, take a look at our The Crew page.