As the Formula 1 season draws toward a dramatic conclusion, F1 2021 has a new update!
Update 1.12 brings some much-needed fixes to the game, as well as a brand-new track and some visual changes too.
Let's explore the patch notes!
F1 2021 Update 1.12
The new update has finally arrived on all platforms.
Update 1.12 brings Imola to the game. The track has a huge history and is a challenge to drive for beginners and veterans alike. It's sure to be a favourite in multiplayer lobbies.
Along with the new track, there are plenty of livery updates too.
Livery updates & Red Bull's white car
The biggest note here is that the white Red Bull, which claimed a double-podium in Turkey, is now in the game.
This will be available until 15 November, so don't miss your chance to race it!
On top of this every team has updated visuals and new liveries that match their real-world counterparts.
From the addition of Dewalt and Tezos on the McLaren to new Honda logo placements on the AlphaTauri, you can checkout all the livery changes here.
New pit release option
For multiplayer lobbies only, there is now no waiting around for a safe gap to be released into.
Under "Unsafe Pit Release" in the Simulation settings, players can allow their crews to release them immediately, rather than waiting for a gap.
When this happens cars will be ghosted, with intersecting cars being separated at the pit lane limiter line.
Timeout for multiplayer lobbies
There will be no more lobby-breaking waits for players to load in as Codemasters has now added a timer.
If someone hasn't loaded into the session or race before the timer runs out they will be removed, so that the rest of the lobby can get going!
Full Update 1.12 patch notes
- Imola has been added to the game
- Visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
- Esports Pit Release option has been added to multiplayer sessions
- Added support for the Fanatec CSL DD Base
- Added support for AMD FSR and CACAO
- Fixed an issue where the game information received by the host in an online session from a client machine resulted in the following issues: incorrect positional information for other players, stuttering and lag on the host machine, cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane and cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
- Addressed an issue where players would sometimes fail to connect to an online session
- Added a visible timeout to multiplayer sessions so that lobbies will not be unnecessarily held up while loading
- Addressed an issue where the lap counter could appear incorrect for spectators after a formation lap
- Addressed a crash that could occur when entering a weekly event after a network error
- Addressed an issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error
- Portimao and Imola have been added to the Beginner and Experienced Social Play templates
- Addressed a handling exploit in lower speed corners
- Addressed an issue where user’s customisation could be locked as Carlos Sainz
- Addressed an issue where dials could be missing from the Ferrari wheel after adjusting camera settings
- Addressed an issue where users could incorrectly receive a penalty at the end of a Virtual Safety Car period
- Adjusted various kerbs in Bahrain, Monza and China
- Addressed various terrain holes on Bahrain and China
- Addressed an issue where changing shutter speed in Photo Mode could cause the image to be distorted
- Addressed an issue where floor damage could be accumulated on Spa-Francorchamps
- Leaderboard percentage ranking has been re-added to Time Trial
- Made improvements to AI yielding behaviour so they no longer match the player pace when not on a flying lap
- Addressed an issue where resetting camera customisation to default would only apply to TV-Pod camera
- Addressed an issue where it could be difficult to exit the pits in Baku as Williams without crossing the white line on the pit exit
- Addressed an issue where UDP data was not being broadcast on Xbox Series consoles
- Addressed an issue where retiring in the garage could cause a yellow flag incident
- Player will no longer incur a penalty for fitting a new gearbox after a gearbox failure has resulted in retirement from the race
- Addressed an issue where Nvidia DLSS mode could not be changed in some circumstances
- Component changes now correctly take effect when using Quick Practice
- Addressed an issue where fuel mix could be locked on an out lap on certain tracks
- Driver of the Day selection criteria has been updated
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.