We all hate seeing error messages in games. Especially when trying to do something simple like join an online race in F1 23. Many F1 23 players are stuck with how to fix the PM65539 error.
It’s annoying getting error messages at the best of times, but every time you play the game is just frustrating. So how can you fix the PM65539 error?
How to fix the PM65539 error in F1 23
There are two main fixes depending on which platform you play on. For console players, it’s a pretty simple fix. For PC players, it’s a little more complicated though.
The quickest fix for console players is simply to disable crossplay. This may slow down the time taken to get into races, but at least you’ll be able to actually go racing. A more complicated fix involves using a VPN, particularly in countries that don’t have wide server coverage according to a Reddit post.
For PC players, the best way to fix the PM65539 issue is to change your computer’s DNS settings. This sounds scary, but here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do that.
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open your computer’s Run dialog box
- Type in ncpa.cpl and hit enter to open the Network Connections window
- Right-click on your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection and select ‘Properties’
- Scroll down to the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option. Click on this and select ‘Properties’
- Change the Preferred DNS server field to 184.108.40.206 and the Alternate DNS server field to 220.127.116.11
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes
If this doesn’t work, it’s always worth restarting your PC and router to clear any temporary files that may not have updated correctly.
F1 23 Update 1.07 Patch Notes
Codemasters have dropped a new patch for F1 23. Amongst other issues, the now infamous equal tyre performance issue has been fixed. Also fixed is the contract bug that saw drivers leave a team or retire before the final race of the season. You can check out the full Update 1.07 patch notes here.
With Daniel Ricciardo now confirmed to be returning to F1, could we be seeing another update to the game before the Hungarian Grand Prix next week?
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.