After last weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix saw Red Bull set a record-breaking 12 consecutive race wins, a new F1 23 update has deployed to brighten up your Monday morning. F1 23 update 1.08 brings several major additions, including the hotly anticipated F1 Replay mode, AI drivers in League racing, and more bug fixes.
Let’s dig into the F1 23 update 1.08 patch notes to find out what’s new.
F1 Replay comes to F1 23
The biggest addition in update 1.08 is the new F1 Replay mode. Teased last month, F1 Replay is a new event type in F1 World. This new mode lets you create a grid of 20 cars replicating the positions identical to race day, bringing the game closer to the real-life sport than ever before. F1 Replays will appear in F1 World following a race weekend.
That’s not all. AI drivers have also been added to League Racing and there are also improvements to the Qualifying Practice Programme. Previously, Qualifying Practice was noticeably harder than other programs in Career, but this is no longer the case.
An issue where Two Player Career where drivers would receive an incorrect tyre allocation at weekends following one with a Sprint has also been solved.
Elsewhere, there’s also a fix addressing an issue with the pit lane speed limit in Jeddah, improved AI speed when set above 100 difficulty, and general stability improvements. An issue where the “race engineer would be hopelessly optimistic” is also fixed.
F1 23 update 1.08 patch notes
For a full list of changes and improvements, check out the full F1 23 update 1.08 patch notes below.
- Addition of F1 Replay Event Type in F1 World
- Addition of AI drivers to League Racing
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, unrealistic lap times could be set in Time Trial after triggering an Instant Replay. All Time Trial Leaderboards have been reset.
- Fixed an issue where in Two Player Career drivers would receive an incorrect tyre allocation at weekends following one with a Sprint
- Fixed an issue where Qualifying Practice Programmes would be much harder than other programs in Career
- Fixed an issue where the pit lane speed limit in Jeddah was incorrect
- Fixed an issue where some session start times were incorrect at Bahrain and Jeddah
- Fixed an issue where 'Rival Telemetry mode' in Time Trial was not working
- Fixed an issue where too many resource points were awarded despite the settings being set to 'reduced' in Career modes
- Fixed an inaccuracy where the DRS light would be present on some F2 cars
- Fixed an issue where DRS could be activated when behind another driver as soon as they leave the pitlane at Austria
- Fixed an issue where timer may display incorrect time when spectating qualifying sessions
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, Invite Friends list would be blank when having a large number of friends
- Fixed an audio issue where, in some instances, Max Verstappen would be given Driver of the Day instead of the actual awardee
- Fixed an issue where the race engineer would be hopelessly optimistic
- Fixed an issue where 'Resource Rundown Screen' would not show all earned Development Resource Points and Boosts in Career modes
- Improved AI speed when set above 100 difficulty
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to join a LAN game
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
For more articles like this, take a look at our F1 page.