A new Forza Horizon 5 Series starts this week (Series 13 if you’re counting). This one is different, however.
As the name implies, the Forza Horizon 5 10-year Anniversary update celebrates the tenth anniversary of the first Forza Horizon game that revolutionised open-world driving in 2012.
Over the next month, the Forza Horizon 5 10-year Anniversary series will add new cars, themed challenges, and a brand new Horizon story. Before the series starts on 13 October, the Forza Horizon 5 10-year Anniversary patch notes are now live, so let’s find out what’s in store for players in the latest update.
Headlining the update is a new Horizon Story called Horizon Origins. Across five chapters, the new Horizon Story lets you relive iconic gameplay moments from past Forza Horizon games. The series also sees the return of the Midnight Battle mode.
Iconic cars from past Forza Horizon games are also returning, including a new Horizon Edition of the 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS from the first Forza Horizon game. Other returning cars include the 2010 Aston Martin One-77, 2010 Ferrari 599XX, 2011 Koenigsegg Agera, and 2012 Eagle Speedster.
Forza Horizon 5 10-year Anniversary update patch notes
As with most patches, the Forza Horizon 5 10-year Anniversary update contains bug fixes to improve the gameplay experience including a fix for an audio glitch and compatibility for the Logitech G Pro Steering Wheel.
For more details, check out the Forza Horizon 5 10-year Anniversary Update patch notes below.
- Horizon Story "Horizon Origins"
- Midnight Battles
- Unlocked for every 4 victories in Street Races after the release of the update, up to a maximum of 16 wins which will unlock all 4 Midnight Battles
- Permanent Radio Station "Horizon Mixtape" which includes a selection of tracks featured in previous Horizon games
- EventLab "Horizon History" Prop Pack
- 28 Accolades
- 8 Achievements
- 7 Badges
- Horizon games clothing items, emotes, and car horns
- A sprinkle of nostalgic Horizon moments we're sure you'll be able to find pretty easily in this update
- Anniversary Edition
- 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS Anniversary Edition
- Returning To Forza
- 2010 Aston Martin One-77
- 2010 Ferrari 599XX
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
- 2012 Eagle Speedster
- 22 New ADV.1 Rims:
- ADV.1 ADV05 M.V2 Standard
- ADV.1 ADV05R M.V2 CS
- ADV.1 ADV05RM M.V2 CS
- ADV.1 ADV05S M.V2 Standard
- ADV.1 ADV06R M.V2 CS
- ADV.1 ADV06RM M.V2 CS
- ADV.1 ADV07R M.V2 CS
- ADV.1 ADV10 Track Spec Advanced
- ADV.1 ADV10R Track Spec CS
- ADV.1 ADV5 M.V2 Advanced
- ADV.1 ADV5.2 M.V2 Advanced
- ADV.1 ADV5.3 Track Spec CS
- ADV.1 ADV5S Track Spec CS
- ADV.1 ADV6 M.V2 SL
- ADV.1 ADV6 M.V2 Standard
- ADV.1 ADV6.2 M.V1 SL
- ADV.1 ADV7 M.V1 Standard
- ADV.1 ADV7 M.V2 CS
- ADV.1 ADV7.2 CF.2
- ADV.1 ADV7R Track Spec CS
- ADV.1 ADV8 M.V1 SL
- ADV.1 ADV8R Track Spec CS
- Fixed an issue where there was little to no sound for Horizon Road Trip cars (Audi RS e-tron, Audi RS 7, Bentley Turbo R, Lynk&Co 03+, Nissan Sentra) for some users
- Improved localized VOs for Made in Mexico Story
- Added ASL and BSL cinematics in Hot Wheels Story missions
- Added compatibility with Logitech G Pro Steering Wheel
- Fixed an issue where the Club Tag was not getting displayed for some players
- Fixed an issue where camera was shaking wildly while driving after Series 10 update
- Fixed an issue where some players were experiencing bad lighting in tunnels
- Fixed an issue where Force Feedback load sensitivity setting could cause Force Feedback to pull right on steering wheel devices
- General improvements to ASL and BSL for various Story missions
- General performance and stability fixes
- Fixed an issue with the 2021 BMW M4 where the roof was appearing transparent while in ForzaVista
- Fixed an issue with the 2021 BMW M4 wings turning purple when the car was painted, regardless of the colour applied
- Fixed an issue with the 2019 Hyundai Veloster N where front and rear wipers animation was missing when raining or snowing
- Fixed an issue with the 2021 Lynk & Co 03+ where the back of both front seats were reflecting the ground while in ForzaVista
- Fixed an issue with the 2020 McLaren GT where certain tires were not showing paint on the stock rims
- Fixed an issue with the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS where parts of the car couldn't be painted with decals when widebody was equipped
- Fixed an issue in Horizon Tour where the convoy leader was unable to start another matchmaking after failing the first one due to the "Too many players in convoy. Max 6 players" message
- (Hot Wheels) Fixed an issue where starting EventLab events through LINK caused some players to receive "Unable to join the Convoy" prompts
- Fixed an issue with EventLab props disappearing after publishing Blueprints with a high-prop count
- Developer's Note: In order to publish those custom blueprints which were missing props, creators need to edit their saved work, make sure to stay within the budget limitations which should be now correctly displayed through the UI and re-publish the custom blueprint.
- Improvements made with some cars that were able detach from the Magnet track at high speeds
- Fixed an issue with Horizon Stories in Co-Op where some users in the convoy were getting split up between sessions
- Fixed an issue where terrain deformation wasn't working properly for certain AMD-GPU users
- Fixed an issue where some players were receiving a wrong GPU driver error message and couldn't launch the game
- Fixed an issue where some players could observe black pixels on screen where in cockpit view
For more articles like this, take a look at our Forza page.