The wait for the rFactor 2 Q3 2022 Content Drop is over. The latest rFactor 2 adds a selection of new cars, a new track, and a myriad of game improvements.
Four new cars have been added to rFactor 2 in the Q3 2022 Content Drop. These include the Caterham Academy, Austin Mini Cooper S MkI Group 2, Hyundai i30 BTCC, and the previously unannounced Ford Focus ST BTCC.
The BTCC cars are available as part of the BTCC Pack 2 with teams and liveries from the 2021 British Touring Car Championship racing season.
The World Wide Technology Circuit is also available in rFactor 2 as a new laser-scan circuit, which hosts the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NTT IndyCar Series. A configuration based on the 1.6-mile road course, which hosts the Formula Drift Series, is also available.
Real Road 2.0
In addition to the new content, the Q3 2022 Content Drop introduces Real Road 2.0, the latest evolution of rFactor 2’s dynamic track conditions. Real Road 2.0 simulates changing track temperatures affected by the location, cloud cover, time of day, ambient temperatures, and heat transfer from cars running over the tarmac surface. These factors will then affect grip levels and tyre wear.
New Traction Control and ABS
As previewed in the July 2022 Release Candidate, the traction control and ABS systems behave more realistically. If the tyres start locking up under heavy braking, the ABS will activate and releases the brakes on an individual wheel basis until grip returns.
There are also three onboard traction control maps as follows:
- Onboard TC
- Power Cut TC
- Slip Angle TC
Power cut TC controls how much power is cut when traction control activates. A higher map value simulates a higher level of power reduction. Slip angle TC, on the other hand, controls the level of lateral (side) slip a car can have before traction control activates. The higher the map value, the less slip. The onboard TC map also controls the amount of longitudinal (forward) slip.
rFactor 2 Q3 2022 update patch notes
Check out the rFactor 2 Q3 2022 update patch notes below for a full list of changes and improvements.
Dedicated Server: 9261942
- Updated Track Limits System taking into account many factors to award warning points for infringements with drivers given a short amount of time post cut to give up any gained time or positions in race.
- Ability to set Track Limits to None/Default/Strict
- Ability to configure number of Track Limit Points before a Drive Through during race sessions.
- Improved calculation of infringement during time off track, taking into account, time gained, distance travelled, throttle application, time off track, speed differentials, positions gained during race, wall riding and more.
- During all sessions invalidate current lap and sometimes next lap, based on how close to the end of the lap and the size of the infringement.
- During race sessions earn warning points, if 3 points are acquired in one go or you pass the cumulative point limit threshold (5 by default) a drive through is given. The size of penalty increases for extreme cuts.
- Pit Lane Exit violations are now logged and penalized accordingly (May require content updates)
- Disabled Pit Exit violations by default on Ovals in none race sessions and added ability to customize which sessions have Pit Exit limits enforced via GDB or RFM.
- Wrong Way Driving calculations have been tweaked to be more lenient when far from the track.
- Strict mode intended for eSports, has harsher thresholds and invalidates all off track laps in non race sessions.
- Improved logging options and ModDev options for analysing cuts.
- Support for up to 16 input devices
- Added chat message indicating when there are latency issues and collision is turned off.
- Added current Track Limits points to Penalties MFD Page in Race Sessions.
- Driver labels now correctly depth buffer regardless of display mode
- Added Light Dust Particle Profile
- Expanded Decal Features on IBL Road Shader
- Fixed orange ambient bug
- The first launch wizard controls configuration can now be re-run from the “Calibrate controls” page
- Moved “Electronics” setup settings (TC and ABS) under the “Engine” heading, which has been renamed to “Engine & electronics”
- Fixed damage multiplier setting description in singleplayer session settings
- Moved damper setup settings to their own tab
- Fixed sporadic empty car list on server join
- Added “Track Limits Rules” singleplayer setting
- Added “Track Limits Points Allowed” singleplayer race setting
- Added Tender Springs to suspension setup page
- Added description/tooltip to Tender Springs setup
- Improved description/tooltip for Traction Control and ABS
- Fixed alphabetical sorting of opponent filters and opponents list
- Fixed race countdown timer format for duration longer than one minute
- Updated Aston Martin logo
- Added a button to refresh the setup list
- Added two settings into the “Visuals” column in graphics settings to adjust the vertical and horizontal position of the Track Limits Info (TLI) screen
- Fixed alphabetical sorting of car selection list
- Dynamic track temperatures based on weather conditions and cars driving on track
- Added a toggle to load temperatures from real road files on main game/moddev/dedi
- Added improved anti-lock braking and traction control systems. (Only available on the TEST version of the McLaren Senna GTR)
- Added Traction Control Power Cut map to control the amount of TC to apply. (Only available for the new TC)
- Added Traction Control Slip Angle map to control the target (maximum) slip angle before TC activates. (Only available for the new TC)
- Added ABS/TC dash LEDs which show the amount of slip and show when the systems activate
- Added Tender Springs functionality (Only available on the TEST version of the Porsche 991 GT3 Cup)
- Fixed ABS/TC aid through settings
- Cars that lag too much or teleport will have collision disabled for 5 seconds.
- Network speeds now enforce the player limit to max out at the highest acceptable number the connection can support
- Fixed loops not restarting correctly
- Fixed loud audio spike when loading into multiplayer sessions
- Fixed random shift sounds in the garage
- Separated TC and Pit Limiter events
- Fixed audio loop points
- Fixed spotter and start lights not playing or being delayed
- Fixed game startup without audio device or with +nosound enabled
- Performance: Sound system now uses another thread, eliminating random frame time spikes and improving game performance
- Fixed tracks with lots of ambient sounds not playing any sound at all in some conditions
- Fixed other cars crashing online playing crash sounds on the player car
- Fixed HRTF selection
- Fixed a rare crash when crashing sounds play
Live Stream Overlay
- Updated broadcast overlay live timing page
- Fixed live timing page not loading
- You can now customize the styling with custom CSS (custom_livetiming.css)
- Added CSS classes: car class for each row and last sticky row
- Added car class and team name columns
- Added car livery images
- Added tire icon
- Added configurable scrolling and multiclass mode
- Batched loading warning pop up messages together for fewer popups (Dev Mode/Scene Viewer)
- Added warning popup for assets exported with default LOD Out for optimization debugging (Dev Mode/Scene Viewer)
- Added cancel button to show no more messages that session (Dev Mode/Scene Viewer)
- Fixed various content issues with Showrooms and Joesville (Dev Mode/Scene Viewer)
- Added Sideview_UI showroom to ModDev for UI screenshots of cars.
- Fixed an issue in MapConverter where it would crash with textures named *_M_<type>.TGA
- Added “FarLight” parameter to IBL Shaders in Material Adjust section. This allows us to set materials to be in shadow beyond shadow cascades.
- Fixed crash when no AIW file present
- UI – Steering lock second bracket is cut off
Toyota Corolla BTCC v1.17
- Fixed logo issue on skins
- Updated camera position
- Fix for drag reduction with rake
Infiniti Q50 BTCC 1.15
- Fixed logo issue on skins
- Fix for drag reduction with rake
Formula E 2022 v1.07
- Fixed right mirror not adjusting
Porsche GT3 Cup v1.41
- Added tender springs
McLaren Senna v1.15
- Upgraded to new sound engine
- Added new TC and ABS
- Added shift protection
- Added new engine cooling
- Minor sound tweaks
- Added ABS and TC LED bars to display
- Made all three TC options say off when set to 0
Oreca LMP2 v3.03
- Added new TC options
GTE Cars v3.11
- Added new TC options
- Updated TC and pit limiter sounds
BMW M8 GTE v3.11
- Removed high poly rear wing collision model
Corvette C8R GTE v3.11 & Ferrari 488 GTE v3.11
- Updated engine starter sound
Dallara IR18 v1.67
- Fixed numbers not displaying on score tower
- Fixed push to pass working on ovals
- Added talent file
Kart Cup 2014 v2.04
- Removed tilt in cockpit camera
- Fixed Start Light Sequencing
- Various AI Improvements including Craner Curves & Old Hairpin (GP & National)
- Various Cut Corridor Updates
- Improved AI lines into Craner Curves & Old Hairpin (GP & National)
- Various minor AI tweaks
- Fixed cut corridors at pit entry
- Fixed Oval Safety Car Location
- Updated Curbs on Modern GP layout T6-T7 for 2021
- Reviewed Cut Corridors on RC & GP layouts
- Adjusted Concrete Road bumpiness
- Minor LOD optimization
- Minor Collision Fixes
- Fixed minor collision issue
- Tweaks to AIW on Road Course layout
- Fixed objects with default lodding
- Updated RRBIN
- Fixed Oval Safety Car Pit Lane Position
- Added new Grandstands and Paddock Assets to GP layout
- Fixed Pit Door Sequencing
- Fixed AI Fuel Calculations
Le Mans v2.83
- Added 2022 Layout with accurate advertisement
- Updated materials on roads, curbs, grass, gravel traps etc
- Added extra decals to surfaces
- Fine tuned night time glare
- Fixed some issues with TDF settings
- Fixed some armco smoothing issues
- Fixed a material error on road lines resulting in some lines not being tar-ed out.
- Fine tuned Cut Track detection
- Stricter cut track on tight turn apexes
- Fixed floating MMA advertisement sign issues before Ford Chicanes
- Updated Specular settings for groove on road and curbs
- Fixed various minor advertising issues
- Corrected some minor GDB issues on 2022 layout
- Updated concrete porsche curves run off on 2022 layout
- Various material updates to Terrain, Foliage and Barriers
- Various minor texture fixes
- Various optimizations to decal object groupings
- Various minor LOD optimizations
- Added CBASH & RRSHD for faster loading
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.