Not only does Rocket League Season 8 kick off today, but a new season also starts today in the Rocket League Sideswipe mobile spin-off. Rocket League Sideswipe Season 5 adds a new Rocket Pass, the return of Ranked Volleyball, and more.
Season 5 Rocket Pass
The Rocket League Sideswipe Season 5 Rocket Pass adds an assortment of futuristic rewards to win. These include the Halo Data Goal Explosion, Chikara G1 and Masamune Car. The ROBO-Visor Topper and Hexphase Boost can also be unlocked.
Ranked Volleyball returns
Ranked Volleyball also returns in Season 5. There are also new Season Challenges: win ten matches with the new Masamune Car or comple five online Volleyball matches in a party will earn you huge XP rewards.
Season 4 rewards
Season 4 is wrapping up, but dedicated players will receive Quick Chat Stickers and Titles based on their highest rank during Season 4.
Rocket League Sideswipe Update v1.5 Patch Notes
A new game update has also launched to coincide with Season 5. The Rocket League Sideswipe update v1.5 includes updates for the colour picker, the ability to view a friends' player status, and a slew of bug fixes to improve the game experience.
Here are the Rocket League Sideswipe update v1.5 patch notes:
- Season 5 Rocket Pass is here! What Rank will you secure?
- Season 5 includes cybernetic content and Season Rewards to earn. Slice your way to the top this Season!
- Season 4 Rewards
- Players will unlock Quick Chat Stickers and Titles based on the highest Competitive Rank they reached in Season 4. What Rank did you achieve?
- Color Picker
- THE FUTURE IS NOW. And it looks sharp in Black or White! We updated the Garage and Loadout UI to increase your ability to customize your car's appearance and paint colors. #FlexYourWhip
- We’ve added a button to randomize player distribution in private matches during team selection. No thoughts, just games.
- Car Collisions! You asked, we answered... Sorta. Have a smashing good time with your buddies and test out this experimental mutator in Private Matches. Let us know if you want it to stay!
Changes and updates
- Returns in the Competitive Mode rotation. Bump it, spike it, save it, score it!
- Friends List
- Curious what your friends are up to? You can now actively see your friends' player status in Sideswipe, just check your in-game friends list. Need a teammate to rank up in Doubles? Check that list!
- News and Updates Panel
- Updated the look of News and Updates. Shiny, pretty, new! Be sure to check it out.
- UI - including some localized text positioning
- Addressed challenges crash
- Miscellaneous art polish on some in-game Items
- Bots shouldn’t send quick chats post-match anymore
For more articles like this, take a look at our Rocket League page.