We're just a month away from the 2022 Formula 1 season starting, but there is a new update for F1 2021 today, as version 1.16 arrives.
While players are starting to look forward to F1 2022, Codemasters isn't leaving F1 2021 behind by any means.
What does the 1.16 update have for players? Let's take a look!
F1 2021 Update 1.16
The biggest change for players is that safety car penalties are getting patched.
It's been a constant pain for players in leagues that those who get hit, even minutely, under the safety car would pick up a 5-second penalty. Well in update 1.16 Codemasters has addressed this, stating that "penalties given for collisions under the safety car will be more fairly distributed".
Quite what this means we'll have to wait and see, but hopefully it creates a more realistic safety car experience for players.
There are also plenty of stability fixes and some online issues that have been solved.
Here's the complete patch notes.
F1 2021 Update 1.16 patch notes
There are two areas of focus for this update. Online and General.
Let's get into the patch notes.
- Addressed an issue where re-joining a qualifying session would result in the session timer being reset for that user.
- Addressed an issue where host and client could struggle to get into the same league event if they previously declined to proceed to the next session.
- Ghosting can now be disabled in Two-Player Career.
- Penalties given for collisions under the Safety Car will be more fairly distributed.
- Resolved a crash when attempting to back out from the Official F1® 2021 Championship and attempting to re-enter on consoles.
- Resolved a crash when selecting a salary with your current team having cancelled negotiations with them previously.
- Previous simulation settings in Grand Prix will now be remembered when starting a new Grand Prix event.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.