While we’ve been enjoying WRC Generations immensely on PS5 and PC, the Xbox release has had a bumpy start. First, the Fully Loaded Edition didn’t give players two days early access as advertised.
And then the game was plagued with problems for wheel users, with players reporting force feedback issues and game crashes when playing with a wheel.
Since then, KT Racing has been working with Microsoft to fix these issues in a patch update.
Mercifully, the first post-launch WRC Generations Xbox update has arrived to improve the wheel support. Let’s dive into the patch notes to find out what the WRC Generations Xbox update brings.
Force feedback partially fixed on Xbox
The good news is that the update fixes an issue where the game would crash and reboot back to the Xbox dashboard when a Logitech G920 was plugged in. Force feedback issues are also “partially” fixed but aren’t fully resolved yet.
KT Racing hasn’t confirmed which wheels should now work properly. According to a Reddit post, the team is “still working on resolving some issues, most notably on the FFB (which for some won't be resolved in today's update).”
In the meantime, Xbox is also working on a console update to help resolve the peripherals issues.
However, Reddit users are reporting the force feedback is still broken with the Thrustmaster TX and Thrustmaster TMX Pro.
Clearly, it’s going to take time for KT Racing to resolve this for every compatible wheel. Hopefully, the Xbox update will address this soon and make WRC Generations work as intended with a wheel on Xbox.
Additionally, the update addresses issues related to Leagues mode, car models, and lighting issues on Xbox Series S.
You can find a full list of changes in the WRC Generations Xbox update 2.2.0 patch notes below.
WRC Generations Xbox update 2.2.0 patch notes 15 November 2022
- Fixed several issues related to peripherals, including a crash if Logitech G920 is plugged in
- Partially fixed FFB issue with some steering wheels
- Some rally names have been updated
- Some rally branding has been updated
- Fixed an issue at the start line of Rallye Acropolis - Paleohori reverse
- Solo league hub ranking display fixed
- Compute number of players/teams going down in leagues
- Fixed Teams league history period number
- The Lancia Delta HF Evo is now showing the proper year
- The Team number of the Citroen C4 Loeb 2010 has been updated
- Fixed an issue with damaged shadows on several cars (WRC, Legends & Bonus)
- Fixed an issue with shades on the Hyundai Rally1
- Fixed a car wheel issue in several stages
- Fixed a lightpod issue on the Ford Fiesta
- Fixed an issue with Yaris mention on a car
- Fixed a lightpod issue on VW car (VA)
- Fixed the wrong car displayed in Catalog vitrine-showroom if the user doesn't have the DLC
- Fix rendering mode not applying when we change it (requiring a game restart)
- Added a level presentation camera sequence in the shakedowns
- Game Credits updated
- Fixed an issue where we could no longer send server requests after extensive manipulations
- Better check permissions to receive friend requests on Xbox
- Fixed lighting issues on Xbox Series S
- Fixed an issue related to waiting for terrain loading when we start a custom race
- Fixed a penalty issue on starting race too early after countdown
- Fixed possible default textures on drivercards
- Fixed an issue with slider options related to pad vibration
- Fix sponsors objectives won't trigger anymore in shakedowns
- Prevent crash in PaceNoteManager when trying to go to next pacenote
- Fixed female audio pacenotes during onboarding tuto
- Mute all meaningless sounds during the loading
For more articles like this, take a look at our WRC page.