Disney Speedstorm has been out in early access since May, letting players play as their favourite Disney and Pixar characters. Since then, Season updates have added new characters and locations. With Season 1 ending soon, Gameloft has given us a first look at what to expect in Disney Speedstorm Season 2.
With a wealth of iconic characters to choose from Disney’s 100-year history, we can look forward to Disney Speestorm’s character roster expanding over the next few months. Here’s what we know so far about Disney Speedstorm Season 2.
Disney Speedstorm Season 2 - To Infinity and Beyond
While Season 1 had a Monsters Inc. theme, Disney Speedstorm Season 2 puts the spotlight on Toy Story.
New racers from the animated Pixar series coming in Season 2 - To Infinity and Beyond are Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Bo Peep, and Jessie. You’ll be racing these characters in Andy’s Room from the Toy Story films, a new racing environment coming in Season 2.
The Toy Story cast joins Sulley, Randall, Celia Mae, Mike Wazowski and Figment the Dragon from Season 1.
Outside of the Toy Story theme, Season 2 is also bringing Steamboat Mickey & Steamboat Pete in a midseason update alongside two new game modes: Follow the Leader and Colour Match.
Disney Speedstorm season 2 kicks off on 13 June across all platforms, including PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Eventually, Disney Speedstorm will be free-to-play. For now, though, the only way to play it is by purchasing one of the three Founders Packs.
No release date for the free-play version has been announced yet. In a Tweet responding to a user asking when it will go free-to-play, Gameloft says the release date will “depend on the feedback we collect from the community and our development speed.”
As well as revealing Season 2, Gameloft has provided a roadmap previewing what’s coming in future Seasons.
Disney Speedstorm seasons rotate every two months, with Season 3 starting in August. The exact release date is still to be announced, but the roadmap confirms Season 3 will add five new racers, with two mystery racers also joining the race mid-season.
After that, Season 4 will launch in October, but the contents of this season are yet to be announced.
Improvements and fixes
Along with new characters and locations, Disney Speedstorm Season 2 is bringing a host of improvements and fixes, as outlined in a community blog post:
- The “Edit Racer” button on the main menu will now open a Racer selection menu so players can choose exactly which Racer to edit rather than just their last played Racer.
- The last unlocked Racer selected in the Collections tab will now be the Racer displayed upon returning to the main menu.
- If a player is about to begin a race with a Racer with an empty Crew slot and a Crew member available, a reminder will be given to fill the slot before starting.
Season Tour Mystery nodes
- A Season Tour Chapter will now not be marked as complete until all of the rewards from that chapter’s Mystery Box have been earned.
- Fixed an issue causing Mystery Race Nodes to appear in their “complete” state before all of their associated Mystery Box rewards had been earned.
- Mystery Race Nodes will now display exactly how long you need to wait to attempt them again.
We remind players that mystery Race Nodes can be attempted twice per day with a total of 20 rewards available to unlock from the Mystery Box.
- Weekly Missions are now called “Season Missions”.
New Season Missions appear each week and can be completed over the course of the entire season.
- We have added a shortcut button to each Chapter of the Season Tour to allow players to more easily check their Season Missions progress.
- Limited Event tiles will no longer display a timer until revealed.
- Limited Event tiles will now be marked as completed once all objectives have been completed.
- An animation has been added to better indicate when Season Coins are earned for revealing new Limited Event tiles.
- Limited Event objective visuals have been improved to make tracking progress easier.
- Difficulty levels have been removed from Limited Event objective visuals.
- Fixed an issue causing Limited Event objectives to appear out of order when adjusting the difficulty level.
- Players are now reminded of how many Golden Pass Credits they have remaining when purchasing the Golden Pass from the Shop.
- Player’s Multiplayer Coins inventory is now only viewable while in the Shop.
- When opening the Golden Pass tab, the focus will now always be on the current rewards tier of the player.
Ranked & Regulated Multiplayer
- CPU Racers in Ranked Multiplayer will now target real player Racers less often.
- Fixed issue causing some Racers to appear as if they had finished a race after 1 lap.
- The Flying Objects race type will now appear in Ranked & Regulated Multiplayer races.
- Your Local Freeplay Racer selection settings and race rule settings will now be maintained between sessions.
- Haptic Feedback (Vibration/Rumble) Support is now available for Xbox and PC.
- New players will now receive a prompt to help them better understand how Assisted Steering works and allow them to enable this setting.
- Respawns have been improved when players fall off rails.
- Fixed issue causing FPS drops when accessing the Shop on some platforms.
- Xbox One players will see improvements to FPS during periods of high action.
- PS+ Rewards will no longer appear as locked when linking multiple accounts.
- The full reward animation will now only be displayed when opening Boxes or claiming Golden Pass rewards.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Other page.